Effective Date: 03.31.14
Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence, mobile measurement, and related assets. The company has a presence in approximately 100 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA. For more information please visit www.nielsen.com.
• What information we collect
• How we use the information
• When we share your information
• Choices and access
• Third party sites
• Data Retention & Security
• Use of site by children
• Contacting us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us. When you submit inquiries, request information or give us feedback on or in relation to this Site, we may ask you for the relevant personal information like your name, telephone number, and email address. We may also ask you to provide other information in connection with your request, such as your company and industry, your preferred means of communication, as well as other information.
Information from your use of this Site. We may automatically receive information when you visit our site. This includes technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of browser you are using, the date and time of your visit, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting this Site, and other anonymous data involving your use of our websites. Cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our communications and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
Click here to learn how Nielsen responds to Do-Not-Track signals.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We may use the information you voluntarily give us:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you commercial communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our communications.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you do not want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other panels, products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email and request to be removed from our email marketing database.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information that has been previously provided to us you may contact us.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with whom it has already been shared. Please also note that if you do unsubscribe of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing participation in survey or panels, or use of our products or services.
THIRD PARTY SITES
DATA RETENTION & SECURITY
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
The Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that children not provide personal information through the Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our records.
Please note that online communications are not always secure; so please do not include sensitive information in your inquiry to us.